Thursday, October 31, 2013

Perfect Green Tea Recipe

Not my picture, but it looks right!
I love iced green tea!  And for a long time I was buying the Arizona version but never feeling quite right about it because of all the high fructose corn syrup and other "mystery ingredients" and decided to go online looking for recipes.

I didn't quite like any that I found but perfected one that works for me and maybe it will work for you too! :)


Amanda's Green Tea

- 16 cups of water
- 2 regular sized green tea bags
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar substitute, I like to use Stevia)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice

Boil the water and then brew the tea bags for one hour.  While tea is cooking, pour the sugar and honey into the container you're going to use.  When the hour is up, remove tea bags and pour tea into the container.  Add the lemon juice.  Give it a few stirs and put it in the fridge until it's all cold.

Perfection! :D  Inexpensive perfection! (Even better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment